Cremant d'Alsace Brut Nature 2018
A taut, persistent, Pinot Gris-based zero dosage crémant this shows a fine mousse in the glass. Its bouquet is delicate, unfolding with waves of sweet woodruff, lemon balm, and yellow stone fruit. The palate is juicy, with racy acidity, a firm mineral structure, plus fennel seed and mint on the finish. The Cremant Brut Nature is medium gold with silvery reflections. Delicate bouquet of sweet woodruff, lemon balm, yellow stone fruit. Clear as a bell, juicy, piquant racy acidity and firm mineral structure. Fine mousse. Juicy aftertaste of fennel seed and mint. Cool, taut and harmonious, tart and persistent. Very elegant.
- Varietal:60% Pinot Gris, 30% Auxerrois, 10% Riesling
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:41ppm total
- Climate:Semi continental with very hot and dry summer. Colmar is one of the driest city in France. Winter is very extreme getting snow pretty often.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:18 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1992
- Fermentation:Fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks with indigenous yeasts, and it’s stopped when 22.5g/L of sugar remains.
- Elevage:36 months "sur lattes" before disgorgement. No dosage
- Winemaker Name:Jean and Ludivine Dirler
- Finning & Filtration:No fining light filtration
- Producer Website:https://dirler-cade.com/en/
- Total Production:500 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Dirler-Cade is Certified Organic and biodynamic.
- Sustainable Practice:Dirler-Cade is Certified Organic and biodynamic.