Rosso di Valtellina 'Ole' DOC 2020
Plots are harvested as individual lots and brought down the slope to be vinified together based on the altitude of the vineyards the fruit came from. Macerations tend to be 12-15 days long and fermentation starts in stainless steel. Ole Nebbiolo Rosso di Valtellina Dirupi, Natural Nebbiolo, Valtellina ,fresh, delicate Nebbiolo, red fruits and herbs. This particular example of Chiavannasca (the name for Nebbiolo in the region) has hints of tar and a fruity, floral nose. It’s lively, clean and elegant, with a a precise palate, smooth tannins and great persistence. A more approachable style than tends to be produced in Barolo. Amazing quality Nebbiolo for a great price from this artisan producer. Enjoy with pasta or grilled meats.
- Brand:Dirupi Valtellina
- Commune/Village:Ponte in Valtellina
- Size:750 ml
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:30 mg/l
- Climate:In Montagna in Valtellina, the summers are comfortable and wet, the winters are long and very cold, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 29°F to 75°F and is rarely below 21°F or above 81°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:1.5 ha, 400-450m above sea level
- Vine Age (year planted):"Oldest vines up to 100 years "
- Fermentation:"Cold skin maceration for about 12 - 15 days. Temperature controlled fermentation in stainless steel for 8-10 days. Selected local yeast. "
- Elevage:"6 months of aging in steel "
- Winemaker Name:Pierpaolo Di Franco and Davide Fasolini
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Total Production:400 cases in total
- Sustainable Practice:Yes