Dolcetto d'Alba DOC - 2020
Dolcetto grapes from the estate vineyard in San Giovanni. This is a fresh easy drinking version, with no oak influence. Yeast used for the fermatation is indigenous. Strikes the eye with its ruby red color and intense violet hues. Fresh, fruity, strong and youthful.
- Brand:Gianfranco Alessandria
- Region:Castilla La Mancha
- Commune/Village:Monforte d'Alba
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:80mg/l
- Climate:The climate is cold and harsh in winter, usually with abundant snowfall. Warm summers with the possibility of rains and sometimes thunderstorms. In the last 5 -6 years climate changed a lot, and sometimes it seems more tropical one, with not so rigid temperatures in winter time and very hot and dry during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:0.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1970.0
- Fermentation:PIED DE CUVE / NATURAL YEAST / SPONTANEOUS FERMENTATION / SHORT MACERATION ON THE SKINS IN STEEL TANK ( VERTICAL ONE ), FOR ABOUT 5 -6 DAYS. TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED BY 28° DEGREE.
- Elevage:MALOLATIC IN STEEL TANK – AGING IN INOX FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS.
- Winemaker Name:Marta Alessandria
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:http://www.gianfrancoalessandria.com/
- Total Production:350 cases
- Sustainable Practice:No