Dolcetto di Diano d'Alba Sorì Cristina
In the Langhe dialect, Sori indicates a particularly favorable winegrowing microclimate, and the 1.2-hectare Sori Cristina channels its ideal terroir into a wonderfully floral, full-bodied Dolcetto. Cherry and peach join with floral notes on the nose, and the palate is dry and balanced with a lingering finish. This 100% Dolcetto has an intense ruby red color with purplish reflections tending towards violet, a vinous bouquet with a very characteristic floral scent (cherry and peach); It is dry with a balanced body, and it show a long persistent finish.
- Brand:Prandi Giovanni
- Sub-Region:Diano d'Alba Sorì Cristina DOCG
- Varietal:100% Dolcetto
- Size:750 ml
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50 mg / l
- Climate:This area is characterized by a cold/mild climate; The rains are concentrated in winter and spring, summers usually are mild and short but in the last years temperature increased. We still have a predominant diurnal range.
- Harvest Technique:They harvest by hand in early September.
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:1.2 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1997.0
- Fermentation:Grapes macerate for seven or eight days at a controlled temperature with frequent pumpovers, and fermentation uses only indigenous yeasts. After four months, malolactic conversion begins naturally.
- Elevage:Maturation for about 10 months in steel, then 3 months in bottle. No filtration. Alessandro Prandi is the winemaker.
- Winemaker Name:Ale Prandi
- Finning & Filtration:no