Chablis 1er Cru 'Beauroy' 2020
Despite the fact that Romain and Damien Bouchard established their winemaking estate in 2016, they are the fourth generation of their family to toil the classic and chalky Kimmeridgian soils of Chablis. For decades, the family has supplied other wineries with unrivaled Chardonnay fruit sourced from outstanding holdings in grand cru and premier cru vineyards meticulously planted by family hands. With a love for crafting Chablis wines using "simple and natural" processes and a healthy dose of "observation and patience," the brothers—dubbed "perfectionists"—have set a new, higher standard for Chablis' character-driven wines. The estate was certified organic in 2018. Citrus, orange blossom, salty, nutty, and sea air aromas. The body is moderate, and it has a savory, textured flavor. Premier Cru "Beauroy" estate holdings, totaling around six acres, are located on a very steep slope not far from a lake in the village of Beines. Confronts the southeast. 40-year-old vines. Hand-harvested. Tank fermentation with natural yeasts. Tank-aged for 12 months on fine lees. Enjoy with grilled fish seasoned with herbs, roasted chicken, white meat, or fairly aged cow or goat cheeses.
- Brand:Domaine de L'Enclos SAS
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:~15-20mg/L
- Climate:Semi-continental with oceanic influences
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:marl soils
- Vineyard Size:2.4ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1980
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs naturally in stainless steel tanks with pied-de-cuve yeasts and no sulfites.
- Elevage:Up to 18 months in stainless steel, on lees no stirring
- Winemaker Name:Romain et Damien Bouchard
- Finning & Filtration: light filtration
- Tasting Notes:Mouth-watering wine with ripe stone fruits flavors. Richness and subbtle minerality that leads to a sippy finish.