Domaine Fichet Macon-Burgy "Les 3 Terroirs" 2019
A complex, unoaked wine from three Chardonnay plots in the argilo-limestone soils of Mâcon-Burgy. Grapes on these hillsides typically reach maturity slightly later than their southerly neighbors in Igé, and this wine has fresh aromas of white flowers and lychee, with intensity and minerality that lingers on the palate. Golden yellow colour appearance. The aromas are white flowers, fresh fruit and lychee. Complex, mineral and intense on the palate with a good length.
- Brand:EARL Fichet Pierre-Yves & Olivier
- Varietal:100% Chardonnay
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Yes
- Climate:The Mâconnais climate shows signs of its proximity to the Rhône Valley, with warmer-than-average temperatures, lower rainfall and – perhaps most significantly – less risk of vine-damaging spring frosts.
- Harvest Technique:Harvest is carried out mechanically.
- Soil:clay and limestone
- Vineyard Size:4 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1983
- Fermentation:Grapes are destemmed, then fermented in temperature-controlled stainless steel at 17°C for olver-vine fruit and 12°C for younger-vine fruit.
- Elevage:10 to 12 months in stainless steel / 6 months on lees.
- Winemaker Name:Olivier Fichet
- Finning & Filtration: yes
- Producer Website:https://domainefichet.fr/?lang=en
- Sustainable Practice:Domaine Fichet is Certified Sustainable.
- Tasting Notes:Golden yellow colour appearance. The aromas are white flowers, fresh fruit and lychee. Complex, mineral and intense on the palate with a good length.