Cremant d'Alsace Brut NV
Cattin is the largest family-owned and family-operated winery in Alsace and located in Voegtlinshoffen, a small village on the foothills of the Vosges Mountains at 1,091 feet in elevation. The Cattin family has been producing wine since 1720 and today the winery is managed by the 12th generation. Bright pale gold appearance with fine bubbles. The nose is fresh, with green apple and white flowers. Fresh and dry on the palate with lively acidity balanced with fruitiness of green apple and lemon; fine and creamy bubbles.
- Brand:Domaine Joseph Cattin
- Varietal:Pinot Blanc & Auxerrois
- Color:Sparkling White
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The climate is continental with cold winters and warm, dry summers.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:52 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1995
- Fermentation:Grapes are gently pressed into stainless steel tanks, thermo-regulated to ensure a low temperature fermentation (12°C-18°C) that will preserve the flavors / after the first fermentation, the wine is bottled and aged for at least 12 months before secondary fermentation.
- Elevage:4 months minimum in stainless steel & 12 months minimum in bottle
- Winemaker Name:Jacques Cattin Junior
- Finning & Filtration:Light fining and light filtration
- Scores:90/100 in Wine Enthusiast
- Producer Website:https://www.cattin.fr/en/
- Sustainable Practice:Yes