Domaine la Suffrene Albus VDF Blanc skin contact
Half Clairette and half Ugni Blanc, grown on an organic vineyard, Albus is a nuanced, medium-bodied white wine with firm structure from a brief period of skin contact. Notes of tropical fruit, melon, ripe pear, and flowers decorate a dry, balanced palate with an undercurrent of acidity.
- Brand:Domaine La Suffrene
- Varietal:Clairette 50% et Ugni Blanc 50%
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The climate in Bandol is nearly perfect for viticulture, especially for the mourvèdre grape. Bandol is the sunniest place in Provence, with various mountains blocking incoming clouds. Just enough rain falls normally for plants to be healthy. Winds keep vineyards fresh and healthy, so there is very little disease worry. In the summer, ocean breezes attenuate heat, allowing for slow, even ripening.
- Harvest Technique:Grapes are harvested by hand and sorted in the vineyard.
- Soil:Vineyards planted on deep soil of the Calco-magnesium soil family.
- Fermentation:After pressing, a fairly rapid yeast addition begins alcoholic fermentation partially on the Clairette skins. 48 hours after racking, sulfites are added to block malolactic fermentation.
- Elevage:4 months’ ageing in stainless-steel vat
- Winemaker Name:Cedric Gravel
- Tasting Notes:Aromas and flavors of tropical fruits, melon, ripe pear, flowers and yeast. Dry, medium bodied palate, balanced acidity with a medium finish.