Domaine la Suffrene Bandol Rouge 2016
This is a classic Bandol Rouge based on beautifully ripe, thick-skinned Mourvèdre that delivers candied fruit and herbs. Bottled unfined and unfiltered, it retains its natural brightness, plus a rich, full-bodied palate, silky tannins, and a spicy, seemingly endless finish. Beautiful cherry-garnet color, with a complex bouquet dominated by aromas of wine ripe fruit, candied fruit and herbs. The palate is rich, full-bodied and has a wonderfully balanced taste with silky tannins and a long spicy finish.
- Brand:Domaine la Suffrene
- Varietal:55% Mouvedre, 20% Grenache, 15% Cinsault, 10% Carignan
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:42mg/L
- Climate:The climate in Bandol is nearly perfect for viticulture, especially for the mourvèdre grape. Bandol is the sunniest place in Provence, with various mountains blocking incoming clouds. Just enough rain falls normally for plants to be healthy. Winds keep vineyards fresh and healthy, so there is very little disease worry. In the summer, ocean breezes attenuate heat, allowing for slow, even ripening.
- Harvest Technique:Grapes are harvested and sorted by hand.
- Soil:argilo-calcaire / parcels include limestone and magnesium rich silty soils and clayey soils
- Vineyard Size:10 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1940 - 1975
- Fermentation:Each variety is fermented separately in stainless steel tanks over 3–4 weeks.
- Elevage:15 months in 50HL old foudre and large, then 12 months in demi-muids, then racked to fourdre for 6 months and in bottle at least 6 months before release
- Winemaker Name:Cedric Gravel
- Finning & Filtration:no
- Producer Website:https://domaine-la-suffrene.com/
- Sustainable Certificates:HVE3 certified
- Sustainable Practice:Domaine la Suffrène is HVE3 Certified.