Bandol Rouge 2018
This is a classic Bandol Rouge, based on beautifully ripe, thick-skinned Mourvèdre that delivers an almost opaque purple color to accompany aromas of prunes, blueberries, and woodsmoke. Bottled unfined and unfiltered, it’s full-bodied and savory, with well-integrated tannins and a subtle yet lingering finish. A deep, almost opaque purple in colour. Scents of prunes, blueberries and woodsmoke. On the palate dry and savoury with well integrated tannins that soften to produce a subtle yet lingering finish.
- Brand:Domaine La Suffrene
- Varietal:55% Mouvedre, 20% Grenache, 15% Cinsault, 10% Carignan
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:42mg/L
- Climate:The climate in Bandol is nearly perfect for viticulture, especially for the mourvèdre grape. Bandol is the sunniest place in Provence, with various mountains blocking incoming clouds. Just enough rain falls normally for plants to be healthy. Winds keep vineyards fresh and healthy, so there is very little disease worry. In the summer, ocean breezes attenuate heat, allowing for slow, even ripening.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:silt soils
- Vineyard Size:10 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1940 - 1975
- Fermentation:Each variety is fermented separately in stainless steel tanks over 3–4 weeks.
- Elevage:15 months in 50HL old foudre and large, then 12 months in demi-muids, then racked to fourdre for 6 months and in bottle at least 6 months before release
- Winemaker Name:Cedric Gravel
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://domaine-la-suffrene.com/
- Sustainable Certificates:Domaine la Suffrène is HVE3 Certified.
- Sustainable Practice:Domaine la Suffrène is HVE3 Certified.
- Tasting Notes:A deep, almost opaque purple in colour. Scents of prunes, blueberries and woodsmoke. On the palate dry and savoury with well integrated tannins that soften to produce a subtle yet lingering finish.