Sancerre Les Monts Damnés 2019
A dynamic Sancerre from the famed Les Monts Damnés Vineyard, this is a deeply nuanced wine. The combination of Kimmeridgian marls in these soils gives Paul Prieur & Fils Sauvignon Blanc with an extra dimension, leading to a wine that dazzles with citrus, minerality, and the structure to age gracefully.
- Brand:Paul Prieur & Fils
- Varietal:Sauvignon Blanc
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Temperate with a continental influence
- Harvest Technique:Massale selection on 80 years old vines, 100% hand harvested, organic viticulture with some biodynamic preprations (tisanes), horse-plowing and no trimming to respect the natural cycle of the vines
- Soil:This single-vineyard Sauvignon Blanc comes from vines with a south-east exposure within the Les Monts Damnes vineyard, where Kimmeridgian marls are the dominant soil type.
- Vine Age (year planted):1980s
- Fermentation:The grapes are pressed gently without added sulfur. Fermentation occurs in stainless steel.
- Elevage:15 months in 70% oak casks, 30% 600L barrels (no new oak)
- Finning & Filtration:no filtration
- Producer Website:https://www.paul-prieur.fr/
- Total Production:750 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Under official conversion to biodynamics since 2019