Neiss Dornfelder Estate Trocken 2020
Dornfelder was first created in 1955, in the Baden-Württemberg region of Germany. It is now cultivated on over 8,000 hectares, including 3,000+ ha in the Pfalz. It has a moderately late ripening and stands out for its dark coloration and significant extracts. This dry Dornfelder hits the classic varietal markers, including intense coloration and concentration, with aromas of ripe cherry. A powerful wine with grip.
- Brand:Neiss Dornfelder
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:The prevalent cool climate in Bockenheim promotes longer ripening in the grapes and general character development in their wines.
- Harvest Technique:Lutte raisonnée principles; manual harvest in October.
- Soil:Mineral-rich limestone soils
- Vineyard Size:6ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1970.0
- Fermentation:After harvest, grapes are immediatelly processed in the winery. Must stays in contact with skins for about 15-20 days, only gentle punch down to manage the extraction. Fermentation and malolactic takes place in big barrels.
- Elevage:After maceration, Dornfelder undergoes 6-12 months maturation in large wooden casks to emphasize its tannin content and promote structure.
- Winemaker Name:Axel Neiss
- Finning & Filtration:Yes