Double Eagle' White Napa, California - 2019
A line of Bordeaux blends, Double Eagle Red and Double Eagle White are crafted in a fruit-forward style from grapes grown at the estate vineyard and sourced from premier valley ﬂoor sites in Oakville and St Helena. Named for one of golf’s most elusive shots - 3 under par in a single hole - Double Eagle wines see a unique mix of stainless steel, concrete egg and French oak.
- Sub-Region:Napa County
- Commune/Village:Lovall Valley
- Varietal:84% Sauvignon Blanc, 16% Sémillon
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:Late spring rains gave way to a moderate growing season, with few extremes and consistent morning fog. The vintage’s long hangtime culminated in an especially warm fall that teased out further concentration to complement the fully developed flavors and fresh acidity
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Fermentation:Whole cluster pressed and cold soaked before being fermented and aged in a mix of concrete egg and French oak barrels.
- Elevage:aged in concrete eggs and french oak barrels
- Winemaker Name:Philippe Melka & Maayan Koschitzky
- Producer Website:https://grievewinery.com
- Total Production:442 cases