Limited Edition Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
Active in Chilean agriculture, grape growing and winemaking since 1740, the Echeverria family established their current vineyards and winery in 1923 in the outskirts of Molina, a town in the Curicó Valley. Here, they grow grapes from French pre-philloxera rootstocks, on their 80 ha of vineyards. Originally established to produce bulk wines, in 1990, the winery was converted to produce quality wines for export. In the following years, Echeverria was one of the few boutique wineries to emerge from Chile, and the first family winery from Chile to sell wine to Harrods in London. This premium Cabernet Sauvignon brings together all of Viña Echeverria’s experience, creativity and passion for winemaking, resulting in this limited edition wine. Exquisite Cabernet Sauvignon combines with Syrah and Carménère hand selected and harvested from the most outstanding vineyards of the Central Valley. Garnet black color, with aromas of red fruits, chocolate, dried currant, and green peppercorn with a supple fruity-yet-dry medium-to-full body and tangy raisin, cedar, pepper and spice accented finish with rich tannins. Very stylish and balanced and round, with a long and generous finish.
- Brand:Vina Echeverria
- Region:Curico Valley
- Varietal:100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Mediterranean with a long, dry summer season and intense sunlight. Marked DTR (Diurnal Temperature Range, or difference between day and night temperatures), key for assisting the development of flavors. Annual rainfall is 600mm average during winter, mostly between June and August.
- Harvest Technique:Manual harvest in boxes of 18kg.
- Soil:Alluvial in origin. Clay loam with the presence of stones at 80cm.
- Vineyard Size:80 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):Ungrafted selected clones of pre-phylloxera French rootstock.
- Fermentation:Fermented in 12,000 Liter stainless steel vats for 8-10 days at 25-28°C controlled temperature, with selected yeasts. Extended skin maceration for additional 10-15 days. 100% malolactic fermentation.
- Elevage:Aged in 225 Liter French oak barrels for 12 months. The wine is blended and returned to barrels for 6 additional months.
- Winemaker Name:Roberto Echeverria jr.
- Producer Website:https://www.echewine.com/
- Sustainable Practice:Yes