Merlot Gran Reserva 2018
Active in Chilean agriculture, grape growing and winemaking since 1740, the Echeverria family established their current vineyards and winery in 1923 in the outskirts of Molina, a town in the Curicó Valley. Here, they grow grapes from French pre-philloxera rootstocks, on their 80 ha of vineyards. Originally established to produce bulk wines, in 1990, the winery was converted to produce quality wines for export. In the following years, Echeverria was one of the few boutique wineries to emerge from Chile, and the first family winery from Chile to sell wine to Harrods in London.
- Brand:Vina Echeverria
- Region:Curico Valley
- Varietal:95% Merlot, 5% Carmenere.
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Mediterranean with a long, dry summer season and intense sunlight. Marked DTR (Diurnal Temperature Range, or difference between day and night temperatures), key for assisting the development of flavors. Annual rainfall is 600mm average during winter, mostly between June and August.
- Harvest Technique:Manual harvest in boxes of 18kg.
- Soil:Alluvial in origin. Clay loam with the presence of stones at 80cm.
- Vineyard Size:80 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):Ungrafted selected clones of pre-phylloxera French rootstock.
- Fermentation:Fermented in 25,000 Liter stainless steel tank for 10 days at 25-28°C controlled temperature.
- Elevage:Aged in used french oak for 10-12 months.
- Winemaker Name:Roberto Echeverria jr.
- Producer Website:https://www.echewine.com/
- Sustainable Practice:Yes