Echeverria Miao Pet Nat Rose 2021
Active in Chilean agriculture, grape growing and winemaking since 1740, the Echeverria family established their current vineyards and winery in 1923 in the outskirts of Molina, a town in the Curicó Valley. Here, they grow grapes from French pre-philloxera rootstocks, on their 80 ha of vineyards. Originally established to produce bulk wines, in 1990, the winery was converted to produce quality wines for export. In the following years, Echeverria was one of the few boutique wineries to emerge from Chile, and the first family winery from Chile to sell wine to Harrods in London.
- Region:Curico Valley
- Varietal:98% Chardonnay, 2% Cabernet Franc
- Color:Sparkling Rose
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Mediterranean with a long, dry summer season and intense sunlight. Marked DTR (Diurnal Temperature Range, or difference between day and night temperatures), key for assisting the development of flavors. Annual rainfall is 600mm average during winter, mostly between June and August.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:80 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):Ungrafted selected clones of pre-phylloxera French rootstock.
- Fermentation:De-stemmed, pressed and cooled. Decanted for 24hrs prior to fermentation Fermentation with wild yeast in stainless steel for 18 days until 10 grams of RS. Bottled to finish fermentation. No filtration or stabilization.
- Winemaker Name:Roberto Echeverria jr.
- Finning & Filtration:No filtration, no stabilization.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes