El Mismo 2021
Noelia de Paz spent the beginning of the century benefitting from being amongst the family vineyards that her brothers planted in 1999, though her hometown region, D.O. Tierra de León, didn’t achieve D.O. status until 2007. It was there, during this time working in her family’s winery Bodegas Tampesta, that Noelia’s love and dedication for León’s native grape varieties, Albarín and Prieto Picudo, really flourished. Dark raspberry. Fresh and juicier aromatics than one might expect at this price point. Bright red fruit on the palate, expressive, hints of dried herb, but in general this is all about dark red fruit explosion. A wine that reflects the pure fruit from young Mencia vines.
- Brand:La Osa
- Region:Castilla y Leon
- Sub-Region:D.O. Tierra de Leon
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Soft and begnine weather, from a combination of Atlantic and Continental weather.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vine Age (year planted):20 - 60 years old vine
- Fermentation:Native fermentation in stainless steel, no punch-downs, only daily pump-overs. 20-day maceration post fermentation, the wine is lightly sulfured, racked and bottled un-filtered.
- Elevage:20-day maceration post fermentation
- Winemaker Name:Noelia de Paz
- Producer Website:https://laosavinos.com/