El Quintà Bàrbara Forés - 2021
With the name Bàrbara Forés, the marriage of Carmen Ferrer and Manuel Sanmartín wanted to pay tribute to their great-grandmother Bárbara Forés, who was born in Gandesa on February 7, 1828. Bárbara Forés, the daughter of a wine merchant (Rafael Forés) and an agricultural owner (Maria Figueras), was a person of great character and had a decisive influence on her son Rafael. Rafael Ferrer Forés, a pharmacist and illustrious winegrower, constructed the cellar of the manor house where he began bottling wine at the end of the 19th century. Bárbara Forés, therefore, represents respect and tradition in the production of wines, passed down from generation to generation for more than a hundred years in their house.
- Brand:Celler Bàrbara Forés
- Varietal:Grenache White
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:29 mg/L.
- Climate:Mediterranean with a continental strong influence
- Harvest Technique:Ecologic/regenerative farming. Manual for harvesting
- Soil:the soil of both plots is Loess. This kind of soil was formed by sediments brought by the wind and formed by grit and silt. In Terra Alta, the locals refer to the soil as "panal."
- Vineyard Size:2 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1981.0
- Fermentation:Spontaneus fermentation
- Elevage:Maceration of the skin in cold water for 24 hours. The fermentation took place in Frenh d'Allier oak. Barrels of 400/600 liters fermented with indigenous yeast. The aging was done in the same barrels for 8 months.
- Winemaker Name:Carmen Ferrer/ Pili Sanmartín Ferrer
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:Peñín 92. GVC 9,65
- Producer Website:https://cellerbarbarafores.com
- Total Production:5,360 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes