Erbaluce Vino Bianco "Miranda" - 2021
A vibrant, characterful expression of the indigenous Erbaluce grape, Miranda comes from organic grapes fermented and aged in ancient concrete tanks. These tanks are left outside during the cold Piedmont winter, allowing the wine to settle and clear naturally after fermentation with native yeasts.
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50 mg/l
- Climate:The vineyards are located in the hilly areas of Mottalciata and Castellengo, in the province of Biella, with south-west exposure. The rains are concentrated in winter and spring, summers are hot. The breeze coming from Monte Rosa makes the climate cold/mild.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy soils
- Vineyard Size:1.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):60% vines planted in 2000. 40% vines planted in 2017.
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs spontaneously with indigenous yeasts at a controlled temperature of 20 degrees Celsius. The wine then ages outdoors through the winter in concrette tanks with weekly battonage.
- Elevage:6 months in concrete tanks
- Winemaker Name:Alessandro Ciccioni
- Producer Website:https://www.centovigne.it
- Total Production:500 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Società Agricola Centovigne eschews the use of traditional pesticides across their vineyards, relying instead on cover crops and composting to improve vine health. The team also takes part in a biodiversity program to help support its local ecosystem.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes