Falanghina Vino Bianco "Orange"
Michael Schmelzer is the incredible winemaker behind the Monte Bernardi wines of Chianti. This Falanghina is farmed 120 meters above sea level in Falerno, Campania. Soil here is volcanic in origin. In the cellar the wine sees roughly 4 days on the skins and is fermented with native yeasts. Bottled without fining or filtering.
- Sub-Region:Campania IGT
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:41 mg/l
- Harvest Technique:Organic method
- Soil:Tufaceous soils of volcanic origin
- Vine Age (year planted):2000
- Fermentation:It is macerated for 72 hours with hand punch downs fermented with indigenous yeasts, fermentation temperature is 18 ° C
- Elevage:Aging in cement for 6 months. There is no fining or filtering before bottling.
- Winemaker Name:Michael Schmeltzer
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Tasting Notes:On the nose, there are aromas of sliced yellow apples, swaths of fresh grass, cured lemon, herbaceous chamomile, and the faintest hint of anise. On the palate, there is savory apricot and apple, with a lovely saltiness that drives this wine's long finish. After a few hours open, flavors of clementine and candied banana appear. This is a structurally generous wine, with a plush, tender core and an even touch of medium acidity.