Cuatro Primos Mendoza 2017
As the owner/winemaker at Familia Mayol, Matias Mayol comes from a family that is deeply rooted to the vineyard. In the early 1900′s, his grandfather left his vineyards in Spain for Mendoza, where the family settled, planted grapes and lived on the land. In the vineyard, Matias practices sustainable farming, turning the vineyards organic, one vineyard at a time. Intense and deep color, emphasizing the great body and signs. Ripeness on the nose with perfumed sweet fruit. Complex flavours on the palate with ripe and fleshy characteristics. Big structure maintaining balanced tannins. Plum and blackcurrant liqueur are combined very well with the toasting of the French oak. A bit dry towards the back and has a slight rustic charm. Powerful concentration and great balance.
- Brand:Cursor S.A.
- Sub-Region:Valle del Uco
- Varietal:50% Malbec, 35% Syrah, 10% Bonarda and 5% Petit Verdot
Show More Less Information
- Climate:continental climate, sunny days, very low humidity- 8 inches a year
- Harvest Technique:Practicing organic.Hand harvested.
- Soil:Poor soils of loam and lime with alluvial deposits
- Vineyard Size:100 ha total
- Vine Age (year planted):1973-1989
- Fermentation:Indigenous yeast. Temperature controlled stainless steel. Full malolactic
- Elevage:12 months in French oak barrels (30% new)
- Winemaker Name:Matias Mayol
- Finning & Filtration:Unfined, light filtration
- Sustainable Practice:Yes