Old Vine Malbec 'Finca Montuiri', Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza 2017
As the owner/winemaker at Familia Mayol, Matias Mayol comes from a family that is deeply rooted to the vineyard. In the early 1900′s, his grandfather left his vineyards in Spain for Mendoza, where the family settled, planted grapes and lived on the land. In the vineyard, Matias practices sustainable farming, turning the vineyards organic, one vineyard at a time. Coffee/mocha, exotic spices, incense, and black cherry are just some of the elements composing the wine’s captivating bouquet. In the glass it reveals full body, succulent fruit, excellent volume and length, and layers of flavor.
- Brand:Cursor S.A.
Show More Less Information
- Climate:continental climate, sunny days, very low humidity- 8 inches a year
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:1 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1926
- Fermentation:Indigenous yeasts, temperature controlled, malolactic in oakIndigenous yeasts, temperature controlled, malolactic in oakIndigenous yeasts, temperature controlled, malolactic in oak
- Elevage:Sixteen months in French oak barrels, 70% New Oak
- Winemaker Name:Matias Mayol
- Finning & Filtration:Unfined, light filtration
- Scores:RP 92 (2008)
- Sustainable Practice:Yes