Roknar Maryland-Style Rye Whiskey NVB
The special release Maryland-Style Roknar is an homage to an era when American Whiskey was defined by regional styles of rye. The recipe is based upon George Washington’s original mash bill from his distillery at Mount Vernon. Maryland-style rye was known as the “American Gentleman’s Whiskey” for its softer, sweeter flavor profile from the additional corn.
- Brand:Far North Spirits, Inc
- Sub-Region:"Skane Township, Kitton County "
- Varietal:65% AC Hazlet Rye, 25% Corn, 10% Malted Barley (by Vertical Malt in Crookston MN). Planted and harvested on the Swanson Family Farm.
Show More Less Information
- Fermentation:Hammer milled and mashed on-site; open top fermented with house selected yeast for 4-5 days.
- Still Type:Hybrid Pot Still
- Still Size:500G
- Distillation:Double distilled to 150 proof
- Cooperage:New 15G oak barrels (Black Swan Cooperage)
- Maturation:Aged minimum of 18 months.
- Distiller Name:Michael Swanson
- Producer Website:https://farnorthspirits.com/
- Sustainable Practice:Yes