Field Blend Columbia Valley - 2021
Inspired by the complex reds of the Southern Rhône, this is a co-fermented blend of red and white varieties from two vineyards in the Horse Heaven Hills AVA. It combines the meaty, rustic quality of the red grapes with the aromatic lift of the white varieties in a fruit-forward, fresh, subtly spicy wine. Using a semi carbonic fermentation this wine combines the meaty, rustic quality of the red varieities, with the aromatic lift of the white, in a fresh expression of the Columbia Valley's distinct red soil, well-suited as it is for the Rhone transplants.
- Brand:Sonder Wines
- Sub-Region:Yakima Valley
- Varietal:Counoise, Grenache, Cinsault, Viognier, Roussanne
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- How much so2 added:Minimal
- Climate:The high dessert conditions of the Columbia Valley are tempered on the south facing slopes by the strong winds coming through the Columbia Gorge.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:526 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1994.0
- Fermentation:Whole berries with 25% stems are soaked for five days under dry ice before fermenting with native yeasts.
- Elevage:Aged for 5 months in a mix of neutral French puncheons and stainless steel.
- Winemaker Name:Riley Miller
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://sonderwines.com
- Total Production:500 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Sonder farms their vines using organic and sustable practices.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes