Malbec "Rapsodia" Valle de Uco 2017
The Rapsodia Malbec is perfumed with violets and ripe red fruits, accented by subtle vanilla and coconut. The palate is enveloping, yet elegant, with sweet tannins and a balance of ripeness and acidity. Intense violaceous red color. The nose features a delicate perfume of violets that fuses with aromas of ripe red fruits, such as plums and strawberries, which are followed by subtle notes of vanilla and coconut, typical of aging in French oak barrels. On the palate, it is enveloping and elegant, with sweet tannins and a balanced acidity that creates a long and lingering finish.
- Brand:Finca Abril
- Sub-Region:Valle del Uco
- Varietal:100% Malbec
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Continental and dry, with a significant temperature difference between day night
- Harvest Technique:The grapes are hand-picked into ten kilogram boxes.
- Soil:Alluvial oringin hereogeneous rocky and poor sandy loam
- Vineyard Size:5.5ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1997
- Fermentation:Grapes are destemmed and cold-macerated before fermentation and an extended maceration of 15 or more days. Every day, the team performs delestages and pump-ups.
- Elevage:12 months in French oak and another 12 months in the bottle before release
- Winemaker Name:Federico Laborde
- Finning & Filtration:Natural decantation unfined
- Producer Website:https://www.fincaabril.com/en/
- Total Production:24,000 bottles