'Fioranello Rosso' Lazio IGT - 2019
The Fioranello Rosso is an intense, full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon with bold black-fruit aromas, plus spice and woody nuances. A twelve-month rest in used oak casks imbues the balanced, velvety palate with vanilla and spice notes. A red wine with an intense ruby color, with bold and persistent aromas that recall black fruits like blackberry and blueberry. This is accompanied by scents of spice and an elegant vanilla note, along with an austere note from bottle aging. The mouthfeel is balanced, persistent and quite elegant.
- Varietal:Cabernet Sauvignon
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:80 mg/l
- Climate:The climate at Fiorano Estate is Mediterranean, though with some slight continental elements. Winter is mild and quite rainy, but it can get cold at night; summer is hot and sunny, with a few afternoon thunderstorms. Intense winds blow from Civitavecchia during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Vineyard Size:6 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1996 and 2002
- Fermentation:After harvest, grapes are immediately soft-pressed into stainless steel tanks with no temperature control. Fermentation starts naturally with indigenous yeast. Skin contact lasts for about 20 days.
- Elevage:12 months in French medium and large used oak casks, from Allier.
- Winemaker Name:In the past Giuseppe Palieri e Tancredi Biondi Santi, today Lorenzo Costantini.
- Scores:James Suckling 90 / 100 Luca Maroni 90 / 100
- Producer Website:https://tenutadifiorano.it/en/vineyards/
- Total Production:601 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Tenuta di Fiorano is Certified Organic—they farm without synthetic pesticides, fertilizers, or herbicides.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes