Forli Sangiovese IGP 'La Farfalla' 2019
La Farfalla is our expression of young Sangiovese. Produced from grapes coming from the highest part of the north side of the Bagnolo hill, composed only of blue clays. It is the wine that for us most represents the joy of being at the table every day, even if only with a slice of bread and salami. It is called "LaFarfalla" in homage to one of the most beautiful and meaningful poems by Tonino Guerra. This is a ruby red Sangiovese wine, with a fresh and sapid taste. On the nose, it shows notes of cherry, marasca cherry and red wild berries. On the palate, we can get the same notes with a hint of red flower petals.
- Brand:Societa Agricola Marta Valpiani
- Commune/Village:Castrocaro Terme e Terra del Sole
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:22 mg/l
- Climate:Forlì enjoys a humid subtropical climate (without dry season and with hot summer) in accordance with the Köppen-Geiger classification. The yearly average maximum temperature in Forlì is 68°F (ranging from 49°F in january to 88°F in august). Annual rainfall is 32.8in, with a minimum of 2.2in in december and a maximum of 3.8in in february.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:2 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):2005
- Fermentation:spontaneous fermentation, maceration in small vats for 3/4 weeks with manual punching down, malolactic. Spontaneous, no clarification and filtration.
- Elevage:6 months in concrete, at least 4 months of aging in bottle.
- Winemaker Name:Mazzavillani Elisa
- Finning & Filtration:Natural
- Producer Website:https://martavalpiani.it/
- Total Production:300 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes