Franchetti "Terre Siciliane IGT" - 2020
This is Passopisciaro’s flagship wine, crafted from Petit Verdot and Cesanese d'Affile grown on the rocks and volcanic ash of Contrada Guardiola. From up to 1,000 meters above sea level, it’s a supremely concentrated wine—expressive and full-bodied with dense tannins, yet balanced by distinct mineral freshness and spice aromatics. Light and bright ruby red. Scent Elegant and deep, of small red fruits, cherries in alcohol, licorice, black pepper and forest spices. Taste Structured, full-bodied, expressive, very fresh and mineral, with dense and well integrated tannins
- Commune/Village:Castiglione Di Sicilia
- Varietal:97% Petit Verdot, 3% Cesanese d'Affile
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:40 mg/l
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Vineyard Size:15 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1938 1960 1990
- Fermentation:After destemming and pressing, the must macerates for around 15 days. A pie de cuve starts fermentation in stainless steel, and a submerged cap extrapolates fruity notes without exaggerating tannins.
- Elevage:12 months in concrete tanks, 6 months in big oak casks. Bottling takes place in waning moon June.
- Winemaker Name:There is a team that follow the direction of Andrea Franchetti
- Total Production:300 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Passopisciaro is certified organic and uses only treatments with zero chemical impact—clays, propolis, vitamin C, natural copper, and sulfur.