Friulano DOC - 2019
In 1998 Marco Cecchini inherited his grandfather's 2 hectare vineyard. He decided to revitalize the farm located in Faedis, a small town in eastern Friuli, embracing the philosophies of biodynamic and organic farming. Maintaining optimum freshness by keeping oxygen from his grapes once they're harvested, Marco farms his limestone-rich soils to produce some of the most interesting and dynamic expressions of fruit from his native Friuli. The tasting notes include pear, citrus, almond, tropical fruit, honey, citrus, floral and minerality. The nose displays wildflower, pear, citrus, almond, tropical fruit, honey, floral and minerality.
- Brand:Marco Cecchini
- Region:Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Varietal:90% Friulano, 10% Verduzzo Friulano
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:30 mg/l
- Climate:In Faedis, the summers are warm, the winters are very cold, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 29°F to 83°F and is rarely below 20°F or above 91°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:2.2 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1985.0
- Fermentation:Temperature controlled at 16-18°C
- Elevage:16 months of aging on lees in tank / 30% undergoes ML in French barrels / blended and aged for 3 months.
- Winemaker Name:Marco Cecchini
- Total Production:300 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes