Gewurztraminer - 2020
Because the vineyards lie on the foothills of the Vosges, the altitude of the plots varies from 200 to 400 m. Most of them face the south-east and thus get maximum sunlight, which makes the grapes incomparably ripe and complex. Clear, pale gold on appearance with a perfumed nose with litchi and mango aromas; a delicate touch of rose water. On the palate, ripe exotic fruits with rose flavors; well-balanced between spiciness and freshness; a long-lasting finish.
- Brand:Domaine Joseph Cattin
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The climate is continental with cold winters and warm, dry summers.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:36 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1991.0
- Fermentation:Slow crushing of grapes to preserve the character of the wine / gravity fed into tank / fermentation at 18°C to 22°C.
- Elevage:6 months in stainless steel and old oak tanks
- Winemaker Name:Jacques Cattin Junior
- Producer Website:https://www.cattin.fr/en/
- Sustainable Practice:Yes