Gewurztraminer DOC - 2021
A spicy and charismatic iteration of Alto Adige’s signature grape variety which exudes classic aromas of lychee, rose, and peppery spice. The heat-retaining soils of Erste & Neue vineyards allow the grapes to reach full ripeness even in cool years, resulting in a classically styled and refreshing Gewüztraminer.
- Brand:Erste & Neue
- Region:Alto Adige
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:61 mg/l
- Climate:The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:15 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1997.0
- Fermentation:Late-harvest grapes are destemmed and cold macerated for 12 hours. Then the grapes are pressed before a natural clarification period. Then, fermentation occurs at a controlled temperature of 18-20 degrees Celsius. The wine is aged for three months on its fine lees in stainless steel.
- Elevage: 3-months ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
- Winemaker Name:Alexandra Broiser
- Producer Website:https://www.kellereikaltern.com/
- Total Production:601 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:ERSTE + NEUE has held the FAIR’N GREEN international seal for sustainable viticulture since 2018. This certification expands beyone organic farming practices to include environmental protection, natural viticulture, the promotion of biodiversity and the protection of natural resources. In addition, all FAIR’N GREEN participating wineries commit to fair pay and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes