Giorgio Primo IGT - 2018
A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, with a touch of Petit Verdot, Giorgio Primo shows the compelling depth and texture international varieties can achieve in the Conca d’Oro district. It’s powerful and dense, with excellent structure and tones of crème de cassis, spice, and chocolate. Powerful and dense in the glass, with great structure. It's an example of how compelling international varieties are in Panzano in Chianti (Conca d’Oro district). Crème de cassis, spice, chocolate and sweet spice build into the textured, palate-staining finish.
- Brand:Giorgio Primo
- Sub-Region:Chianti Classico
- Varietal:Cabernet Sauvignon 55%, Merlot 40%, Petit Verdot 5%
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:0.0
- Climate:27 ha of vineyards facing south in the "Conca d’Oro" (Golden Basin) of Panzano with an average altitude of 360 meters above see level. The soils are a mixture of scaly clay and galestro (loose marl and limestone).
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):50% vines planted in 1999 30% vines planted in 2003 20% vines planted in 2005/2009/2022
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs with indigenous or selected yeasts at a controlled temperature of 28°C. After racking, the wine remains on the lees for around 20 days.
- Elevage:Wood (225 lt) (50% new) for 1 year, then 10 months in the bottle before being released.
- Winemaker Name:Giampaolo Motta
- Scores:Vinous 97 points – James Suckling 95 points
- Producer Website:https://www.lamassa.com
- Total Production:1500 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:La Massa minimizes chemicals in the vineyards by avoiding herbicides, plus using green bean fertilizer and only recyclable materials.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes