This blend of indigenous white grape varieties is powerfully aromatic and refreshing, while being round and weighty in texture. Aged solely in concrete, the wine shows lively melon, citrus, and tropical fruit aromas from Malvasia, matched by textural complexity and structure from Bical, Cerceal, and Dão's flagship Encruzado grape. Salted honeydew melon, key lime and carambola/starfruit on the nose. The palate is wound with beeswax like texture but offers bracing acidity at the same time. Powerful aromas from Malvasia, matched with textural complexity from Bical/Cerceal (cement aging), and the Encruzado offers acidity for aging.
- Brand:GOTA, LTD.
- Varietal:50% Encruzado, 15% Malvasia Fina, 15% Bical, 15% Cerceal Branco, 5% others (co-ferment)
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:92 mg/liter TOTAL
- Climate:The small vineyards that comprise Prunus are located in the lower elevations of the Dão. While they collect 2200- 2400 heat units each vintage, there are fresh cooling winds that come off the mountain-sides to retain natural acids in the wine.
- Harvest Technique:The grapes from Gota’s team of small, independent growers is harvested exclusively by hand.
- Soil:Granite and Clay
- Fermentation:After harvest, some grapes undergo 24 hours of skin contact, with the remainder pressed whole-cluster into cement and steel tanks. Following spontaneous fermentation, the wine ages on its lees for six months.
- Elevage:no oak
- Winemaker Name:Natalia Jessa and Carlos Silva
- Finning & Filtration:Filtered