Brezo Tinto 2020
Bordeaux-born Grégory Pérez worked at Château Grand-Puy-Lacoste and Château Cos d’Estournel before he moved to Spain. He settled down in Bierzo where he works vineyards in Espadillo. In this mountainous area soils are mostly clay and decomposed slate. His wines are made based on eight key principles: soil knowledge, biodiversity protection, indigenous grapes, no aggressive treatments, no herbicides, low yields, selection of grapes in the vineyard and traditional winemaking and aging. Light to medium body, with freshness and fine tannins. Floral in the nose, bottled unaoked to keep the juiceness.
- Brand:Gregory Perez
- Region:Castilla y Leon
- Varietal:85% Mencia 15% Alicate Bouschet (and a pinch of Godello)
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Combination of dry, more extreme, continental weather with soft, fresh and humid Atlantic influence.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:Clay soils
- Vine Age (year planted):50 year old average
- Fermentation:The grapes are part destemmed, alcoholic and malolatic fermentation in stainless steel
- Elevage:Bottled right after the fermentation.
- Winemaker Name:Gregory Perez
- Finning & Filtration:No filtration, just some clarification
- Scores:RP 92 2020
- Producer Website:https://mengoba.com/en/
- Total Production:37,000 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes
- Tasting Notes:Light to medium body, with freshness and fine tannins. Floral in the nose, bottled unaoked to keep the juiceness.