Gruner Veltliner 2020
From some of Austria’s oldest grapevines, this Grüner Veltliner comes from a slightly warmer sub-zone of the Kremstal. Here, unique Loess soils allow the vines to spider deep into the earth in search of water and nutrients. The result is a prismatic and complex Grüner with incredible acidity and vibrant flavors.
- Brand:Piriwina GmbH
- Varietal:Grüner Veltliner
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:80 gm/l
- Climate:In terms of climate, Kremstal is just slightly warmer than that of Wachau, being a touch closer to (and more exposed to) the warmth of the Pannonian Plain to the east. The warmth that blows in from the plain is counteracted to some degree by cool mountain winds born in the Alps to the west.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:15 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2002
- Fermentation:Grapes are pressed with a gentle manual press, and then fermented under temperature control at 14 degrees Celsius with selected local yeasts.
- Elevage:Stainless steel 6 months and 3 in bottle.
- Winemaker Name:Herbert Roithmayer
- Finning & Filtration:Yes, powered mechanical pump pushes wine through the filter
- Sustainable Practice:Yes