Grüner Veltliner - 2022
Found throughout the Wachau on the steep dry stone terraces on both sides of the Danube River, the predominant grape variety at Domane Wachau is Grüner Veltliner, which makes up 55% of the vineyard area. . Bright acidity and lively fruit flavors with classic notes of citrus, melon, hint of white pepper and great minerality. A delcious wine as an apertif or with a variety of light fare.
- Varietal:Grüner Veltliner
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:the summers are comfortable and partly cloudy and the winters are long, very cold, snowy, windy, and mostly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 28°F to 76°F and is rarely below 13°F or above 87°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy soils
- Vineyard Size:440 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2000.0
- Fermentation:gentle pressing to tank, settled over-night with spontaneous, temperature-controlled fermentation
- Elevage:6-8 months in bottle
- Total Production:1,000 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes