Henry Varnay Blanc de Blancs Brut NV
A Brut with mouthwatering acidity and graceful levity from 100% Ugni Blanc this wine is grown on the calcareous soils between Angers and Tours. On the nose, the wine is dominated by green apple and melon, plus citrus, apple, and bready notes on the palate. A pale yellow color and steady stream of fine bubbles. The nose has aromas of crisp green apple and melon. On the palate you will find flavors of citrus and apple with a light bready flavor. The crisp acidity and sparkle create a light weight wine very well balanced.
- Brand:Compagnie Francsise des Grands Vins
- Sub-Region:Centre Loire
- Varietal:Ugni Blanc
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:120 ppm total
- Climate:Semi continental climate with oceanic influence
- Harvest Technique:Mechanically harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:180 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2006
- Fermentation:Fermented with selected yeasts.
- Elevage:6 months in bottle minimum
- Winemaker Name:Jean-Luc Grand
- Finning & Filtration:Fined and filtered
- Total Production:7000 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Henry Varnay's sources use sustainable farming practices.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes