La Xara 2019
After working at Cia de Vinos Telmo Rodriguez Juan Antonio Ponce returned home. The project started in 2005, he was 23, just 11 barrels, and a loan. The family’s wine growing tradition dates back to Juan Antonio’s great-grandfather, although his father never made wine–he used to sell the grapes to the local cooperative. “Ponce says. “The area is full of prejudices, people lack self-confidence. These days Manchuela is probably the most interesting appellation in central Spain, led by Ponce. Made from early harvested Mediterranean Garnacha. This is a "Gredos" style Garnacha, bright, mineral, and floral, ripe without excess.
- Brand:Bodegas y Vinedos Ponce
- Varietal:100% Garnacha
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Arid and dry with sea winds influence. Long hours of sunshine, low humidity balanced with fresh and wet winds from the Mediterranean ocan. A unique continental and Mediterranean fusion favor the organic farming.
- Harvest Technique:Following organic principles, here grapes benefit from the region’s high elevation and good aeration. They refrain from using both powdered sulfur and copper in their vines.
- Soil:Chalk clay
- Vine Age (year planted):35-year-old vines
- Fermentation:It fermented with full clusters, indigenous yeast, in 4,500-liter oak vats
- Elevage:It matures for seven months with lees.
- Winemaker Name:Juan Antonio Ponce
- Scores:RP 92 2019 // RP 93 2021
- Total Production:10,000 bottles made