Masparillo Mezcal Artesanal NV
The Gutierrez family has been making Mezcal since 2009, using Cenizo which is indigenous to the state of Durango. The core Mezcals are distilled by Fabiola Avila at the Hacienda Dolores, a historic colonial estate that was built in the 1600s that has been painstakingly restored over the last 30 years. Because Durango has large diversity of agave varietals, second only to Oaxaca, Lagrimas has partnered with a number of vinatas. These are small run distilleries that harvest wild and semi-cultivated agaves in remote areas and distill them. briney and savory, with notes of olive brine, tarragon, and tomato water.
- Brand:Lagrimas de Dolores
- Sub-Region:San Miguel de Temoaya
- Varietal:100% wild Masparillo (Agave maximiliana) roasted in an oven with volcanic rock and crushed by machete
Show More Less Information
- Fermentation:Sontaneously fermented in open-air pinewood tubs
- Still Type:Alambique "viejo"
- Distillation:Double pot distilled
- Distiller Name:Maximinio Flores