Langhe Nebbiolo DOC 2020
Nebbiolo grapes from the estate vineyard in Monforte. This is a fresh but complex version, with oak maturation. Indigenous yeast, temperature controlled maceration to extract color and nuances without losing the acidity. 12 months in neutral oak to get for soft tannins. Cherry, strawberry and walnut aromas follow through to a medium palate with lightly firm tannins and a tinge of citrus freshness to the otherwise savory finish. Nice progression through the wine.
- Brand:Azienda Agricola Gianfranco Alessandria
- Sub-Region:Langhe DOC
- Varietal:Nebbiolo 100%
Show More Less Information
- Country: Italy
- How much so2 added:80mg/l
- Climate:The climate is cold and harsh in winter, usually with abundant snowfall. Warm summers with the possibility of rains and sometimes thunderstorms. In the last 5 -6 years climate changed a lot, and sometimes it seems more tropical one, with not so rigid temperatures in winter time and very hot and dry during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Guyot – Green harvest during end July to September ( before harvest ) / harvest by hand only
- Soil:Tufa stone, limestone, and clay
- Vineyard Size:3 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1980
- Fermentation:pied de cuve / natural yeast / spontaneous fermentation / short maceration on the skins in steel tank ( vertical one ), for about 10 days. temperature controlled system
- Elevage:malolatic in steel tank – aging in oak barrels, third usage, french oak.
- Winemaker Name:Vittoria Alessandria
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:http://www.gianfrancoalessandria.com/
- Total Production:150 cases
- Sustainable Practice:No