The Lezíria wines are driven by the values of consistency and origin. They are crafted by Antonio Ventura who was born in Lisboa and is the son and grandson of growers. His winemaker vision is simple and pragmatic: maintain absolute respect for nature and each vineyard, and that the “terroir” is the essence of each wine. Green hue on the rim, this wine is about the freshness that FP brings to the table. Classic citrus notes of pomelo and lemon are followed by fresh straw and the sea spray notes that are expected from the coastal proxy of Bairro. Light to medium body, the wine is simple and fresh on the palate, echoing the citrus notes on the nose. While the wine could easily pair with light seafood dishes.
- Varietal:100% Fernão Pires
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The climate is warm and dry, with the river having a strong influence.
- Harvest Technique:Minimal intervention, sustainable practices.
- Soil:Limestone, Clay. Limestone dominates the rolling highlands of Bairro, which helps retain freshness in a region that can be considerably hot in the summer.
- Vine Age (year planted):25 - 50 year-old vines
- Fermentation:Whole cluster press, stainless steeltank.
- Winemaker Name:Antonio Ventura