Longitudine8 26 Colline Novaresi Nebbiolo 2019
From vineyards within the village of Lessona, this Nebbiolo is a spirited over-achiever. Made from a strain of Nebbiolo affectionately called “Uva Spanna” by Piedmontese locals, the wine opens with notes of dried fruit including cherry and orange peel before spicy florals come to the forefront in a delicious and expressive red wine. Dried red cherry, orange peel, spice and dried flowers all meld together into a soft, open-knit wine that is already incredibly delicious and expressive. This is always such a pretty and overachieving wine.
- Brand:Villa Guelpa Societa Agricola
- Sub-Region:Alto Piemonte
- Varietal:Nebbiolo (Uva Spanna)
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:57 mg/L
- Climate:In Lessona, the summers are warm, the winters are very cold, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 28°F to 81°F and is rarely below 19°F or above 87°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:2.6 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):2002
- Fermentation:The grapes undergo maceration for five days, before fermentation begins naturally with ambient yeast in steel tanks. Natural malolactic fermentation usually begins at the end of winter.
- Elevage:The wine rests at least 12 months in concrete tanks, then at least 1 year in bottle.
- Winemaker Name:Daniele Dinoia
- Finning & Filtration:Coarse filtration
- Producer Website:https://www.villaguelpa.it
- Total Production:600 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Villa Guelpa practices organic viticulture, relying on green manure and cover crops instead of pesticides in the vineyards. They also practice the Lutte Raisonée method of farming.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes