A single-vineyard skin-contact Pinot Grigio made in the historic Italian ramato style, this wine draws its freshness and ripe fruit from the hills of Paso Robles. Lorem’s take on the style is clean and vivacious, with equal parts texture and phenolic depth. Ramato is one of the original styles of orange wine, but it doesn’t have to be funky and oxidized. Lorem ‘Ramato’ is clean, and fresh, with a texture and phenolic depth that can only come from skin-maceration, which in this case was 48 hours before pressing.
- Brand:Lorem Ramato
- Sub-Region:San Luis Obispo County
- Commune/Village:Paso Robles
- Varietal:Pinot Grigio
Show More Less Information
- Country:Columbia Valley
- Climate:Paso Robles is characterized by a longer than avergae growing season, with some of the highest dirunal shifts of any wine growing region.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Fermentation:The Pinot Grigio receives 48 hours of skin contact in open-top, stainless steel fermenters before it’s pressed into stainless steel tanks.
- Elevage:6 months in tank
- Finning & Filtration:no fining, sterile filtered
- Producer Website:https://www.tedwardwines.com/
- Total Production:640 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Lorem's grower-partners use sustainable farming practices.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes