Gleba de Arcilla' 2016
Marc Isart has been behind the development of Vinos de Madrid within the last 15 years. He was also behind Bernaveleba, Comando G, and is now leading the Pegaso winery. Isart works on “getting back in touch with the home soil, nature and farming.” The La Maldición label (translates to “The Curse”), named for the laborers’ struggles to reach and then work the land at this secluded property in Valdelichia, Madrid.
- Brand:Bodegas Cinco Leguas
- Sub-Region:D.O. Vinos de Madrid
- Size:750 ml
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The vines are nourished by the continental climate, with some Mediterranean influences. A rainfall of 450 mm per year, hot and dry summers, cold and extreme winters.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:1 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1930 - 1970
- Fermentation:Fermented with skins and stalks for 65 days, then aged in 500L used French oak barrels. Slow movements during fermentation-maceration. Spontaneous fermentation
- Elevage:12 months in used oak casks
- Winemaker Name:Marc Isart
- Finning & Filtration:Filtered
- Total Production:2,600 bottles