Marc Isart has been behind the development of Vinos de Madrid within the last 15 years. He was also behind Bernaveleba, Comando G, and is now leading the Pegaso winery. Isart works on “getting back in touch with the home soil, nature and farming.” The La Maldición label (translates to “The Curse”), named for the laborers’ struggles to reach and then work the land at this secluded property in Valdelichia, Madrid.
- Brand:Bodegas Cinco Leguas
- Sub-Region:D.O. Vinos de Madrid
- Varietal:100% Malvar
- Size:750 ml
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The vines are nourished by the continental climate, with some Mediterranean influences. A rainfall of 450 mm per year, hot and dry summers, cold and extreme winters.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:1 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1930 - 1970
- Fermentation:After the fermentation with the skins, the wine ages in traditional sherry butts, ¾ full. The air fills quarter of the butt, which allows the flor to appear and to make its mark on the wine. But the nature does not always ally with us, so the time under flor and its thickness is not the same every year. Thus, in some years the wine shows more biological character and in others more oxidative. A whim of nature acting spontaneously
- Elevage:12 months in sherry casks
- Winemaker Name:Marc Isart
- Finning & Filtration:Fined with bentonite, filtered
- Total Production:1,500 bottles