Magnacosta IGT Toscana - 2019
Campo di Magnacosta was the first of our three Cabernet Franc Cru born in 2011 from an idea of Andrea Franchetti that was to enhance the characteristics of a precise terroir. Campo di Magnacosta is a 1.5 hectare parcel of river gravel and silt on the valley's bottom, where an old stream ate into a hill. It was planted over 20 years ago with cuttings from a vineyard in Pomerol where Cabernet Franc has grown for three centuries.
- Brand:Tenuta di Trinoro
- Varietal:Cabernet Franc
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:The summers are comfortable and partly cloudy and the winters are long, very cold, snowy, windy, and mostly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 28°F to 76°F and is rarely below 13°F or above 87°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:440 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2000.0
- Fermentation:Gentle pressing to tank, settled over-night with spontaneous, temperature-controlled fermentation.
- Elevage:6-8 months in bottle
- Total Production:1,000 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes