Malbec "1922" Valle de Uco 2016
As the name suggests, Finca Abril crafts their 1922 Malbec from a plot of century-old vines, which put forth a sophisticated and well-structured wine. An intense purple in the glass, its notes of velvety black plum, graphite, spice, and toast ride elegant acidity to a lingering finish. Solid, well-structured, showing notes of ripe black plum and graphite, complemented by subtle layers of spice and toast. Intense purple color with violet reflections. Elegant acidity with a velvety lingering mouthfeel. Complex and sophisticated.
- Brand:Finca Abril
- Sub-Region:uco valley - la consulta
- Varietal:100% Malbec
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Continental and dry, with a significant temperature difference between day night
- Harvest Technique:The grapes are hand-picked into ten kilogram boxes.
- Soil:Alluvial oringin hereogeneous rocky and poor sandy loam
- Vineyard Size:4.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1922.0
- Fermentation:The grapes cold-macerate before fermenting in small stainless steel tanks with daily pumpovers. Then, an extended maceration culminates in a soft pressing into new French oak barrels.
- Elevage:18 months in French Oak
- Winemaker Name:Federico Laborde
- Finning & Filtration:Natural decantation unfined
- Producer Website:https://www.fincaabril.com/en/
- Total Production:6,600 bottles