Malvasia - 2019
Fermented on the skins with native yeasts, then aged and bottled without fining, filtration, or added sulfites, this is a pure and aromatic Malvasia. A bright and intriguing interpretation of the grape, it is defined by intense aromas ranging from wild herbs to citrus.
- Region:Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Varietal:Malvasia Istriana
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:0 mg/l
- Climate:August is the hottest month in Carso, August, it has days with highs of 82°F (28°C) and lows of 63°F (17°C). The coldest month, January has days with highs of 41°F (5°C) and lows of 31°F (-1°C). Here we have a continental climate.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:gravelly soils
- Vineyard Size:7 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1997, 2007
- Fermentation:The grapes are macerated with their skins, and fermentation occurs spontaneously with native yeasts. The wines are never fined, filtered, or otherwise clarified.
- Elevage:The wines undergo 12 months of maturation in neutral oak; then it is bottled without ever being filtered or clarified.
- Winemaker Name:Sandi Skerk
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:Robert Parker 2017 92 / 100 Slowine 2018, Vitae AIS 2018, Bibenda 2019, Gambero Rosso 2019 2 glasses
- Total Production:200.0
- Sustainable Certificates:Skerk practices organic and biodynamic farming methods, using as little human intervention in the vineyards and cellar as possible.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes