Monsieur Verduc' Verduzzo 2018
Marco Cecchini's focus is to spotlight the terroir of the small Faedis region while embracing the philosophies of biodynamic and organic farming. Cultivating a number of indigenous varietals, this skin-contact Verduzzo is an excellent example of Friuli winemaking. Verduzzo is a dry orange wine that can hold its own when paired with rich foods. Richly fruity and fresh with a supple, tannic mouthfeel. Low residual sugars and fair acidity make for a perfectly balanced expression of Verduzzo Friulano.
- Brand:Marco Cecchini
- Sub-Region:Collio Orientali
- Varietal:100% Verduzzo
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:30 mg/l
- Climate:In Faedis, the summers are warm, the winters are very cold, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 29°F to 83°F and is rarely below 20°F or above 91°F.
- Harvest Technique:Practices biodynamic and organic. Manual harvest.
- Soil:Eocenic marls and alluvial soils.
- Vineyard Size:2.2 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1985
- Fermentation:Cold maceration for 4-7 days at a very low temperature (12°C) to moderate tannin extraction / fermentation at 18°C
- Elevage:12 months in stainless steel on lees.
- Winemaker Name:Marco CecchiniMarco CecchiniMarco CecchiniMarco Cecchini
- Finning & Filtration:Coarse, gentle filtration.
- Total Production:300 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes