Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso DOC 2019
The Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso grape derives its name from its red stems that distinguish it from other Refosco varieties. Literally, it translates as Refosco with the red stem (peduncolo rosso). It is a late-ripening variety and is known for producing wines that are full-bodied with high levels of acidity. This deeply colored wine is robust with discernible tannins yet polished and supple with black fruit flavors and almond notes. It has a long and pleasant finish marked with notes of plums and currants. The Refosco’s prominent acidity, typical for this variety, makes it a good complement to a wide variety of foods.
- Brand:Marco Cecchini
- Varietal:100% Refosco
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:30 mg/l
- Climate:In Faedis, the summers are warm, the winters are very cold, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 29°F to 83°F and is rarely below 20°F or above 91°F.
- Harvest Technique:Practices biodynamic and organic. Manual harvest.
- Soil:Eocenic marls and alluvial soils.
- Vineyard Size:2.2 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1985
- Fermentation:Temperature control, 22°C / 15 days of maceration on skins.
- Elevage:Malolactic fermentation in barriques. Maturation 16 months of aging and fining by battonage in French barrels (30% new, 30% second passage, 30% 3-4 year old barrels. Select and blend best barrels; 6 months of fining in steel; 6 months in bottle.
- Winemaker Name:Marco Cecchini
- Finning & Filtration:Coarse, gentle filtration.
- Total Production:300 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes